I love this red and pink combo. I wore this look out shopping around KC earlier this week and to my brothers basketball game (I just swapped out the heels for booties!) It's so fun wearing a bright red lip in the daytime!
Anyway, on another note- I decided to list 22 fun facts you might not know about me today! These were fun to come up with. (Why 22? Thats as many as I could think of lol) Here we go...
1. I would rather listen to CD's over Spotify. I LOVE my CDS! (ESP Taylor Swift.) I was honestly appalled last week in KC when I got in my mom's new car and they didn't even make it with a CD player! WHAT!? I am never going to ever be able to own a new vehicle :( lol
2. I have never really tried straight coffee nor do I drink coffee in the morning. I drink Spark (see in this post) and if I order a drink from Starbucks I get a latte.
3. I could sleep in till 12 if either of my kids would ever let me!
4. Shoes are my absolute weakness. I really could care less about handbags (and even forget to bring them sometimes when I shoot an outfit) but I am obsessed with shoes. I dream of a big shoe closet one day! ;)
5. I hate the pig -- food wise I mean. lol I hate bacon, pork, ham, and hotdogs so I never cook them. I only really cook food for our family that I enjoy (so selfish).
6. I'm an ice cream addict. I love mint chocolate chip or vanilla with chocolate chips best. I could eat ice cream at any point during any day.
7. Haddie wasn't planned! She was a big surprise to Seth and I but the best surprise we could have ever got! We were married almost 3 years before she arrived.
8. I've been obsessed with lipgloss since probably 5th grade and have always carried one on my person ever since. Now I am more obsessed with lipstick than any other make up item and usually only wear that and bronzer everyday.
9. I would rather wear a shoe with a heel than a flat shoe any day!
10. I like animals from AFAR - I would never want one of my own. I love that my friends and my sister have dogs and my sister's dog Carl is adorable, but I just would never want one for myself. I don't really enjoy petting them because all I think about is how then I need to wash my hands and then I am looking myself twice over for dog hair... too stressful for me and too much work. lol
11. I don't binge watch TV shows. I could care less about Netflix and I have seen like 2 Bachelor episodes in my life. Now all that to say, I do like HGTV and I have watched The Crown and do think it's awesome but they are very sporadic and I don't get super sucked into TV. I get sucked into other things.. like online shopping. lol
12. I typically wear matching pajamas to bed. I love PJ sets!
13. I cheered in college at Kansas State my junior and senior year. SO FUN! GO CATS!
14. I sometimes put items back out of my cart during a grocery shopping trip because I would rather spend that money on a $20 Marshalls shirt! Priorities... lol
15. Seth and I first met in Downtown Ft. Worth and had our first date at the Barnes & Noble and Starbucks and walking around downtown. It's kind of fun that we ended back up here! Destiny.
16. I majored in Marketing at K-State and minored in Leadership and Spanish. I have taken Spanish since 8th grade and still feel like I have SO much to learn. It's so true that when you don't use it, you lose it. My dad spoke fluent Spanish and I SO wish he would have taught me growing up!!!
17. Oceans and beach over mountains 100% of the time.
18. My biggest fear in life is getting to the end of my life and feeling like I didn't do what I was supposed to do. Regretting that I didn't spend my time, money, or passion on the things I was supposed to and missing out on my purpose. I want to live intentionally each day, being led by the Lord, and spending time in his Word so I can follow His leading for my life, not my own.
19. I don't actually find a pedicure or a manicure relaxing. If I had a day off, it would not be at the top of my list of things to do to "pamper" myself. I don't love walking in, picking out a color (sometimes I regret), waiting, and then walking out an hour or two later with wet nails! Ohh the things I think about that I could be getting done in that amount of time! And then I am so anal about not chipping them when I'm doing dishes/laundry, and then when I do chip them I feel like the world's over...and THEN, I have to repeat the process less than 2 weeks later. Every now and then I enjoy getting a mani/pedi to get my nails back on the same page and get everything cleaned up but thats about it! I would way rather paint my own nails and spend my money elsewhere.
20. I hate putting on lotion. ughhhh. The thought of putting it on now just makes me turn my nose up. I only put it on when I HAVE to and thats usually in the summer... and if Seth is home, I ask him to do it for me. lol I just hate putting it on my hands and then rubbing it on my legs and then it's all stuck in my fingers. I do put on face lotion after I get out of the shower and then I wash my hands after as quick as I can! lol Also-- it can't have a scent or it has to be super mild.
21. One of my guilty pleasures is walking around Marshall's Homegoods or a TJ Maxx. I love a good Homegoods find! I could seriously justify buying something on almost any aisle at Homegoods and always add notecards, picture frames, wrapping paper, pillows, a journal, a new kitchen towel to my cart... all to walk out with nothing! ha I snap pictures on my phone of a new chair, rug, and lamps re designing my whole living room or bedroom in my head for an hour. It's such a fun break when you need to get out of the house and just be for awhile.
22. I still sleep with my blankie. Everynight. It's pink and I form it into a little ball and sleep with it under my head! It even came on our honeymoon! <3 True Love. Proof below. HA!