Big Calendar: Target | Journals: Anthropologie
Goals. I know everyone has said it but I seriously love something about the fresh start of a new year. Maybe it's the feeling of motivation because sometimes thats the hardest part. I think it also, for me anyway, is a feeling of "Whoa! A whole year went by and I still didn't get my crap together in x, y, z so now's a good time to start!" lol This year I decided to make my goals in categories so that I could process though what I want to achieve. Some of my goals are very tangible and some are more general but I thought I would share with you what I put down the other day!
- Join a church & get plugged into a small group. Seth and I have been attending the same church for the past couple months but we haven't taken the new member class yet, as it always conflicted with his football schedule. He and I both want to join and become members early on this year so that we can get into a small group of people right away. Being around Christian community is really important for both of us and we are ready to start this in Ft. Worth together.
- Continue to have daily time with Jesus reading my bible and praying/journaling. Although there are some days that this just doesn't happen, I know that when I have a set time and a set plan of what to read that it more than likely DOES. When I don't put dishes, laundry, making my bed, and blogging ahead of this time - it happens. I want to continue to make this the first priority when my baby girl goes down for her nap, and hope that Louie naps or at least snuggles during the same time!
- Pray Specifics. I don't want to be generic. I want to pray specifically and for specific needs in my life and others and see the way God answers.
- Most importantly, I want to feel God's Presence more this year. Although I feel like I have been spending daily time with the Lord, I can sometimes limit my time spent with him that day to only "that time." I give Jesus those 30 minutes and then I'm up, cleaning, playing with my babies, off to do errands, or work on my blog. I don't want to lose my remembrance of him throughout the day, but I want him to be apart of my entire day.
- Put up my phone more. Haddie will grab my phone, hold up her cute little finger in a one and say, " won min-nay?" (aka One Minute). She loves the phone and I want to put it up more when we are playing so its not a constant distraction to her or me.
- Cook at least 4 times a week. This sounds easy to everyone else on the planet but I hate cooking. I hate looking up recipes, searching for items in the grocery store, and then making the meal- AND then you eat in 20 minutes and have to do dishes!! lol I could easily leave this role of a mom/wife out of my life but I want to be willing to try some more recipes for my family. Even if it's all crock pot. I honestly think my husband would appreciate anything new. lol (PLEASE let me know your favorite EASY recipes!! I would love some help! email@example.com or comment below!)
- Read more at night instead of computer/phone time.
- Continue to write down memories/funny stories/moments each month for each child.
- Go on 2 dates a month. We really need to work on dating more and getting out just the two of us. We spend our nights together but we would really like to go to dinner, etc. without distractions of the home.
- Be Intentional. Although we are together once Seth gets home from work, we can spend the whole night making dinner, cleaning up dinner, playing with Haddie, bath time, bed time, and then work/blogging. We are TOGETHER but not intentional. Seth and I both want to do a better job of intentionally taking time talking at night, without phones/TV/computers. We do this best in our bedroom and not in the living room.
- Do more "little" things. Notes, snacks, texts... its the little things sometimes.
- Buy or rent a house once our lease is up. I do love our little apartment but with baby 2 there is just more "stuff." We are ready for more room and feel like we know more about what areas we would like to move into now.
- Find family/couple friends. Seth and I have a few great friends who live close to Ft. Worth and we are both separately making friends through work or bible studies, but we would like to continue to meet new people to do life with more regularly and who we can hang out with as couples.
- Reread Dave Ramsey and re watch the videos. Use Cash for daily budget. Meet weekly to see where we are at in our monthly budget. Seth and I took Financial Peace, Dave Ramsey's money classes, our first year of marriage and applied a lot of those principals to our money. Well, its been almost 5 years and we need to BRUSH UP! We took a look at our money at the end of December and budgeted out January and it felt SO good to both be on the same page and have a plan for our money this month. Dave says, " Tell your money where to go, don't let your money spend you." (If you haven't taken these classes, I highly recommend them!)
- Post/Write more lifestyle. I have really enjoyed writing more the last couple months and sharing more about our family life and what's going on. I have loved people's feedback when I share things about Haddie, my labor, or just our day to day and adjusting as a family of four now and would like to continue to write more to let readers in on more "life."
- Get accepted into RewardsStyle. RewardsStyle is an invitation only program for bloggers. I would love to be able to get accepted and become apart of 'liketoknowit' which helps bloggers make income on their posts.
- Create more interaction with my readers. I want to be able to connect more with readers through comments, Instagram, and Instagram live! I want to know what people want to see from me? What do you like the most and what do you want to know about? (Please comment below if you have sugguestions or like certian posts more than others!!)
My blog has always been for me and I always want to keep it that way. I needed an outlet for creativity and for fashion and blogging has been the perfect fit. I love dressing up, driving to find a fun location for shots, taking pictures, loading them to the blog, and then sharing them with you. Its so fun for me and I love every step of the process and I wouldn't do it it I didn't enjoy it 99% of the time. I hope that my love for fashion, my family, and the Lord comes across to you in my posts! Thanks for reading and following along! I think 2017 is going to be a great year!